Wintonbury Hills Golf Course is taking the threat of COVID-19 very seriously. Guided by the recommendations of the CDC and the State of Connecticut, we have been making numerous changes to our golf operations to assist in providing the safest experience as possible for our guests and staff.
While understanding the real threat of the current conditions we are also trying to provide some level of physical activity and limited social interaction. Establishing this balance during a very fluid situation will be challenging, however, we are working to implement processes and practices to meet this dual objective. In an abundance of caution, we are implementing the following practices below:
• We will be mandating that tee times be prepaid using the online booking portal.
• Walk-up play will not be allowed in order to follow the CDC’s guidelines on gatherings and social distancing and allowing our team to space out golfers appropriately on the course and around the clubhouse.
• No Cash transactions will be accepted, credit card onl
• No one is allowed in the golf shop
• Please do not gather in small groups while on or off the golf course
• In order to remove contact points, all bunker rakes and ball washers have been removed
• We ask that golfers DO NOT REMOVE THE PIN. It is best to limit physical contact with shared surface.
• The cups will be raised above the putting surface to eliminate the need to reach inside
• We are WALKING ONLY. No golf carts.
• The only restrooms that will remain open are located in the rear of the building to the right of the pub entrance
• We are now running 15 minute tee times to minimize guest contact