Season Long Event
This year the Wintonbury Men’s Golf Association will sponsor a 4 Ball Tournament. It is a net tournament using 85% of each player’s handicap. All players will stroke off of the lowest handicap player in the foursome. It is a match play, best ball tournament. The lowest single net score of 1 player wins the hole. If the match is tied at the end of 18 holes, play sudden death starting on Hole #1.
2 New Rules – Please Read
1. Teammates must have handicaps within 7 strokes of each other. If one teammate has a handicap of 15, and the other has a handicap of 5, the first player’s handicap will be adjusted to 12, and then they will both play to 85% of those numbers.
2. We will no longer be basing the handicaps on a player’s handicap on the first of the month. Just let Bill Starkie know when you have scheduled your match and a scorecard will be posted on the WMGA bulletin board before your match.
Entrance fee is $50.00 per team.
Please make your checks payable to Wintonbury Hills Golf Course to:
Hills Golf Course
Dan Novarr Four Ball Tournament
206 Terry Plains Road
Bloomfield CT, 06002
2 flights of 16 teams each. Depending on the number of entries this may change. The flights will be determined by the total team handicap. There will be no “seeding” of the teams within the flight. A random drawing of pairings will be held on Friday, April 24, at the Tap Inn Restaurant of Wintonbury Hills at 6:00 p.m.
1st prize for each flight will be $120.00 per player with the second place team receiving $60.00 each.
All first round matches must be played in the month of May. Your match can be scheduled during many of our regular Sunday morning events. Just let Kevin know that you want to play your match a week in advance and he will try to schedule it in. If you don’t play on a Sunday, teams are responsible for their own tee times. Regular green’s fees apply. Please make every effort to schedule your match as early as possible. There is a drop dead date for every month. This means if your match has not been played it will be scheduled during the regular men’s club event of that Sunday. These drop dead dates are only nullified if the course is officially closed. If that happens they will be scheduled the following Sunday. If only 1 team shows up, they will be declared the winner. Don’t be caught short or take the risk of bad weather. Schedule your match early.
· The drop dead day for May is June 1.
· The drop dead day for June is July 6.
· The drop dead day for July is August 3.
A substitute will be allowed 1 time only for any given team. He must be a member of the WMGA, not entered in either flight of the 4 Ball event, and must play to only 50% of his handicap.